“Business Efficiency Through Technology”. My passion is solving problems to help people work more efficiently and effectively.
I started as a Mechanical Engineer where I solved problems to build stuff. When I switched to the computer industry I was drawn to Systems Analysis because it is closer to the people who I’m helping.
I enjoy learning new software applications because it allows me to expand my tool-set which I can use to help people. A good example of this is when I was talking to a co-worker who was telling me about how long it takes him to do a particular task. After a few minutes of discussions we, together, figured out a way to bring a 3 day task down to 3 hours.
As an IT Project Manager I define and follow up with project tasks to ensure completion.
At home I try to stay active as well, physically and mentally. I like to think up ideas. My personal goal/dream is to have a patent in my name.
I want to learn how to build bicycle frames and be able to put together my own bicycles and tricycles, specifically a recumbent leaning tricycle with independent leaning and steering.
Hanging out with the wife
- Going to movies
- Going to dinner
Sailing and sailboat racing
- The reason for the many sailboat header images
- I love the fact that I can cycle to work, it’s only a mile and takes less than 10 minutes
- I own 5 bicycles;
- a used road bike I got cheap from a garage sale and fixed up
- an old mountain bike which now has slicks and is my commuter
- a newer full suspension mountain bike that I got a few years ago, I don’t use it enough.
- a Vision R40 Recumbent with under-seat steering
- another LWB and OSS Recumbent
- I used to play beach every Saturday morning
- I used to play indoor open gym and league at the Monterey Sports Center
- Now I play in an indoor league a the Naval Postgraduate School
I come up with these random ideas and got the domain algaze.org to test them out. So far I’ve set up
- RssSlideshow – a web site which allows someone to display the items of an RSS feed, one at a time with many display options.
- Flipbook – I really like the idea of a Sharepoint list with it’s flexible metadata, but I wanted to allow relationships, with metadata, to items on the same or other lists.
- Louie Learns – Many LMSs (Learning Management Systems) have the limitation that students need to go into each class they are taking to see what to read, what to do and what is due when. Louie Learns is an LMS idea which would allow instructors to organize all of the items in their courses, but would aggregate all the content from all of their classes for the students in a format that the student prefers.