A philosophy I’ve always held has been validated: If someone is mean to me I assume they are the one with the issue, not me, and I try to feel sorry for them instead of being angry. The validation came from the Nonviolent Communication organization.
A very interesting idea in this Ted Talk.
My wonderful wife brought me to Maker Faire a while ago and I wanted to include a few items which piqued my interest:
- Page with pictures and plans for various bikes
- Free software from Autodesk which converts images to 3d object and takes 3d objects and makes sliced objects. see photo of rocket ship.
- Instructions to make an action figure of yourself.
- Making useful stuff out of old bicycles
- Electric trike with independent lean/steer. Lean is controlled by user’s feet.
- A membership based organization where anyone can go in and build stuff with their equipment.
An interesting quote I saw recently, it makes me want to explore and take more risks.
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?