My passion is solving problems to help people with a niche of “Business Efficiency Through Technology”.
I started as a Mechanical Engineer where I solved problems to build stuff. But when I switched to the computer industry I was drawn to Systems Analysis because it is closer to the people who I’m helping.
I enjoy learning new software applications because it allows me to expand my chest of tools which I can use to help people.
A good example of this is when I was talking to a co-worker of mine who was telling me about the mundane stuff he does which typically take days. After a few minutes of discussions we, together, figured out a way to bring a 3 days task down to 3 hours..
At home I try to stay active as well, physically and mentally. I like to think up ideas. My personal goal/dream is to have a patent in my name.
I want to learn how to build bicycle frames and be able to put together my own bicycles and tricycles, specifically a recumbent leaning tricycle with independent leaning and steering.
Hanging out with the wife
- Going to movies
- Going to dinner
Sailing and sailboat racing
- The reason for the many sailboat header images
- I love the fact that I can cycle to work, it’s only a mile and takes less than 10 minutes
- I own 5 bicycles;
- a used road bike I got cheap from a garage sale and fixed up
- an old mountain bike which now has slicks and is my commuter
- a newer full suspension mountain bike that I got a few years ago, I don’t use it enough.
- a Vision R40 Recumbent with under-seat steering
- another LWB and OSS Recumbent
- I used to play beach every Saturday morning
- I used to play indoor open gym and league at the Monterey Sports Center
- Now I play in an indoor league a the Naval Postgraduate School
I come up with these random ideas and got the domain algaze.org to test them out. So far I’ve set up
- RssSlideshow – a web site which allows someone to display the items of an RSS feed, one at a time with many display options.
- SpecSavvy – a product specification wiki which displays the specifications for various levels of products so you can use those specs to compare apples to apples from various vendors.